Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Lizards, Snakes, and Gators, Oh My!






















On Thursday, I took my class to South Georgia to the Okefenokee Swamp and on Friday we went to the Georgia Agrirama in Tifton. We had an absolute ball! We took the train ride and boat ride at the Okefenokee and went to the nature show. We saw some huge alligators at the swamp! In case you didn't know, they roam free all over and don't pay any attention to the people. We went on to Tifton after the swamp and spent the night then went to the Agrirama on Friday. The Agrirama is one of my all-time favorite places and I was thrilled to be able to take my class and be their tour guide for the trip. The Agrirama is a living history museum. It is literally a town right out of the 1890's complete with Grist Mill (working), doctor's office, pharmacy, church, school, several homes and farms, and a ton more. I've put up a few pictures of both the Okefenokee and the Agrirama. By the way, those are actually alligators, roaming free, and close enough to bite your hand off.

1 comment:

  1. Love the Agirama, the swamp is ok. There is too many bugs for me there.

    ReplyDelete