Monday, April 13, 2009

Depression Is So Depressing!

Ok, so if you haven't noticed, I have been MIA for about a month now. Well, the truth is I have been battling depression. No fun! I was diagnosed Oct. of '07 and have been doing very well until recently. About a month ago, I felt myself slipping back into the "dark place". I was busy and just blamed it on stress. I knew something was very wrong about 2 weeks ago and had waited too long to catch it before it got bad. I literally have never felt that awful in my life! My wonderful husband has been so understanding and patient as well as my friends and family, but poor hubby has taken the brunt of it. I was literally crying on his shoulder for hours every night. The cloud has lifted and my new meds are taking effect. Hallelujah! I won't lie, it was rough! Rough! I pray that I never go through that again.

So, on to happier things! Thanks to Amanda from The Sweet Life for the blog award she gave me last month. I promise I will get it up and posted!

Also, thanks to my little sister over at The Pink Chick for coming over yesterday and turning my Crappy Easter into a Happy Easter!

I have to tell ya'll a funny thing that happened at Lowe's in Athens the other day. To give you some background, my husband is only 4 years older than me, but has grayed early and has thinning hair so he looks a little older than he really is. Anyway, he has been building a step-down addition to our deck (he is very handy) and we have made several trips to pick up supplies at Lowe's. We always check out back in the lumber department and have gotten the same cashier guy several visits in a row. Well, we were checking out last week and the cashier dude looks at me and then at my husband and proceeds to tell him, "Your oldest daughter is really pretty." I thought I was going to pee on myself. Hubby just looked at him and said in a very low, irritated voice, "She's not quite my daughter." Poor thing, the little cashier dude turned four shades of red! It was a great self-esteem booster for me.

I hope you all had a very Happy Easter and hope that your Monday was great too!

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad to hear you are doing better!! I will pray for you and your continued improvement.

    Funny story about your hubby & Lowe's :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the shout out! I had so much fun yesterday! Thanks for having us over yesterday! Love you!

    ReplyDelete